Find the answer to many of your questions below, or contact us directly for more information.
Scoozy is controlled with a joystick for maximum open vision. This way you can see your position on the road and you can fully enjoy your surroundings. The joystick also has the advantage that it can be operated intuitively and with one hand. Both arms can remain on the armrests while driving.
Scoozy can only be controlled with the joystick, this is possible on both the left and right.
Scoozy has a lithium-ion battery. This battery lasts much longer than the older battery types and therefore needs to be replaced less often. It is possible to replace a battery or have an extra battery installed for a larger range. You cannot do this yourself.
Before assembling Scoozy, you make a number of personal choices: the height of the seat, the side of the joystick steering, the placement of the joystick and the suspension. This cannot be adjusted later.
Scoozy has a number of unique specifications not found in other mobility scooter brands: four-wheel drive in combination with four steering wheels for a stable and manoeuvrable vehicle, joystick steering and of course the looks. For more features, check our product webpage.
- Mirrors can be placed on Scoozy, both left and right.
- A stick holder can be placed under the armrest on both sides.
- A smartphone holder can be made on Scoozy.
- We are working on a solution for taking the rollator on the back of Scoozy.
- A cover is available for the dry and protected storage of Scoozy.
This is currently not available. We are developing a canopy. For warmer and drier driving with Scoozy we recommend a leg cover from Kinetic Balance.
PURCHASE AND FINANCING
On the product webpage you can see the different available Scoozy models with the recommended retail price. Contact a dealer about the various financing options.
Scoozy is currently available for rent through a number of our dealers. Please contact the nearest dealer to discuss the possibilities.
Contact a dealer about the various financing options.
Scoozy is currently available in the Netherlands and Belgium. We are working on expanding this in 2021 (within Europe).
Ask about the possibilities and value of your current scooter at the dealer.
You can ride Scoozy on:
• The pavement.
• The footpath.
• The bike lane.
• The roadway.
• Or of course on grass and through the forest. Avoid dirt roads or beach.
You are not allowed on motorways or highways with Scoozy!
Scoozy brakes in 5 different ways:
1. Scoozy rolls out slowly by returning the joystick to the center / zero position.
2. By pulling the Joystick backwards while driving forward (in speed mode) you actively brake and stop more quickly.
3. There are 2 ways to make an emergency stop by pressing the red button on the control panel or the front button on the joystick.
4. The motors stop immediately by pressing the on / off switch, but this is strongly unadvised and should only be used as a final option.
Scoozy can be transported in a van, trailer or by plane. Scoozy can be placed in a vehicle with the freewheel function or with a winch
on one of the appropriate lifting eyes in the frame. Scoozy can also be lifted to the optional lifting eye in the center of the seat. Scoozy cannot be made smaller for transportation. It has been chosen to to make Scoozy sturdy and stable for driving long distances comfortably.
Luggage can be taken on the luggage racks front (5kg) and
back (5kg) and a shopper or backpack behind the legs on the foot plate (20kg). Scoozy is not suitable for towing loads such as a trailer.
For example, an Ortlieb Sport-Roller City bag fits in the luggage racks for well-protected and waterproof transport of your luggage.
Scoozy's wheels are too narrow and sink into loose sand. Scoozy is suitable for driving on unpaved paths through the dunes and forest. This is made possible by the powerful 4-wheel drive.
1. Plug the charger connector into Scoozy
2. Plug the charger into the wall socket
3. Switch on Scoozy via the On / Off button on the HMI.
4. "Charging" appears on the display with an indication of the Range above it.
1. (<80%), this yellow LED lights when the charger has started a charging program. The charger only really charges when there is "Charging" on the Scoozy display.
2. (> 80%), this LED has no function when loading Scoozy.
3. (100%), this green LED indicates that the charging process has stopped.
4. (warning). This red LED will light if the charger is not connected in the correct order. See FAQ How can I charge Scoozy for the correct order.
(The lights on the charger do not always give an accurately indication. The Scoozy display information is more reliable.)
When the battery is full, it switches to balancing. The battery consists of 196 small cells. These cells must all be equally full for your battery to work safely. The battery is loading the cells equal to each other when there is "Balancing" on the screen.
A full battery in Scoozy is actually only 90% full. Scoozy brakes by regenerate energy from the engines. This is only possible if that energy can go somewhere, preferably to the battery. When the Battery is> 95% full, Scoozy will display "Crit High" on the screen. This is harmless, but your Scoozy indicates that it is no longer able to brake properly and therefore cannot drive. Sometimes we see the notification when Scoozy has been on the charger for a long time. The message will disappear automatically if energy has been used. It will go faster if the Scoozy lights are turned on to consume energy.
When Battery Empty is shown on the Scoozy display, Scoozy should be charged quickly.
With this message on the screen, the charger is connected, but not started charging. Reconnect the charger in the correct order as indicated in FAQ How can I charge Scoozy?. Make sure the charger is completely off, so none of the lights are on when you plug it in.
Scoozy is not turned off, but in standby mode. This costs energy. Scoozy can stand still for up to 25 days before needing to be recharged. Scoozy switches itself off completely when the battery is 10% loaded. Scoozy can then be switched on again by pressing the freewheel button. Are you putting Scoozy away for a long time? Then it is wise to disconnect the Battery from the computer via the fuse cover.
Disconnect the battery from the computer through the fuse cover. This way, Scoozy can be stored for at least 6 months. Make sure the battery is fully charged before storing.
Do you have a question about Scoozy and is it not listed?
Send us a message and we will contact you as soon as possible!